1. Because, Trump. EVEN IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN. independent. libertarian.
- Trump is anti-Democratic, anti-Republican, anti-American
- Trump is destroying not only everything Americans hold dear, but endangering our very existence by policy moves that worsen climate change.
- Trump is hurting our fellow Americans.
3. Because Democrats, while imperfect, are attempting to move the ball forward.
- The last time Dems held 2/3 parts of government, they attempted to get healthcare to more Americans. What did the GOP do? Try to take healthcare away and give the rich $1.5 trillion in tax breaks.
- In the last 38 years Democrats have had control of both President and both Houses of Congress for only 3 years (see this chart and this chart).
4. Because Democrats are fighting for ALL THE PEOPLE, not just the 1%!
- Getting the corrupting money out of politics
- Creating good paying jobs ($15) & supporting Unions
- Universal healthcare & women’s reproductive rights
- Making our financial system work for everyone
- Fixing our broken criminal justice & immigration laws
- Building a clean energy economy to solve climate change
- Affordable education from daycare through college
- Preserving Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid
- Protecting voting and civil rights across America!
For more details, visit www.democrats.org/party-platform
“There is no perfect party and no perfect candidate. But if you don’t vote, you’re not even at the table–you’re on the MENU. And if they don’t give you a place at the table, you gotta crash the party and bring a folding chair.” –Shirley Chisholm