1. Because, Trump. EVEN IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN. Independent. Libertarian. Third Party.
- Trump is anti-Democratic, anti-Republican, anti-American.
- Trump’s policies hurt our fellow Americans, our allies around the world, and our planet.
- Republicans have a chance to rebuild your party from the bottom up after Trump and his minions are gone.
- Independents and Third Parties need to keep our country and elections free so you can become stronger third parties for our future.
- Democrats need to do quite a bit of work, too, to fully represent our people on the ground.
2. Because Democrats, while imperfect, are attempting to move the ball forward.
- The last time Dems had control of Congress, they got healthcare to millions more Americans. What did the GOP do? Try to take healthcare away and gave the rich $1.5 trillion in tax breaks.
- In the last 38 years Democrats have had control of both President and both Houses of Congress for only 3 years (see this chart and this chart). They’ve actually done a lot with very little.
- Democrats are a BIG TENT. We fight a lot, because there’s room for everyone. Did I say we fight a lot?
3. Because Democrats are on the right side of the issues, fighting for all americans.
- Getting the corrupting money out of politics
- Creating good paying jobs ($15) & supporting Unions
- Universal healthcare & women’s reproductive rights
- Making our financial system work for everyone
- Fixing our broken criminal justice & immigration laws
- Building a clean energy economy to solve climate change
- Affordable education from daycare through college
- Preserving Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid
- Protecting voting and civil rights across America!
For more details, visit www.democrats.org/party-platform